We have another delicious apple pie for you! Oats and Apples are two of our favorite foods. Combining the two was a natural choice. This simple nine-ingredient is ideal for fall and meal preparation for busy mornings. To achieve a pie-like consistency, we chose cooked apples. It’s naturally sweetened, so it’s healthy. We’ll show you!
How to make Apple Pie Overnight Oats
The apple pie overnight oatmeal is slightly more complex than the overnight oatmeal recipes that are simple to dump and stir. The extra step to cook the apples makes it so worthwhile. You’ll thank yourself the next morning!
The apples are added in a saucepan along with maple syrup to sweeten and cinnamon for the classic apple pie flavor. A pinch of salt is also added for an extra something.
After just 10 minutes, they are soft and thickened, like apple pie!
After the apples are ready, it’s time to move on to the oats. Almond Milk or another dairy-free milk is the liquid that soaks up the oats and tenderizes them overnight. It’s thickened with chia seeds, sweetened with maple syrup, and boosted by nut butter and vanilla.
The rolled oatmeal is then added after the liquid ingredients have been mixed until creamy.
The oats and apples can be layered into jars and placed in the fridge overnight. You’ll have a fiber-rich and nutritious snack or breakfast ready!
- Cut into bite-sized pieces 3/4 cup of crisp, sweet apples (peeling optional to reduce texture // We prefer Honeycrisp).
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, 1 Tbsp
- Sea salt, one pinch
- Use any dairy-free milk you prefer instead of the plain unsweetened almond milk.
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- Maple syrup, 1/2 to 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Cashew or almond butter, unsalted, creamy 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled Oats (certified Gluten-free if needed)
- APPLES Add the chopped apples to a small pan. Add cinnamon, maple syrup, and salt. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and turn the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring every so often, or until apples are soft. Remove the lid and turn the heat to medium. Cook for another 2-3 minutes while stirring constantly to evaporate the juices. Turn off the heat once the liquid has been absorbed.
- OATS In a small cup or bowl, combine the almond milk with the chia seeds. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, and nut butter. Stir in the oats until they are well combined.
- Two small mason bowls or jars with lids are ideal. Pour about a quarter (25%) of the apple mixture in each container. Add half of the oats to each container as the middle layer. Then, divide the remaining apples and place them on top of the oatmeal. Place in the fridge overnight or at least six hours.
- Enjoy chilled or room temperature. In our experience, overnight oats can be kept in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. However, they are best eaten within the first 12-24 hour period. It’s not freezer-friendly.