This bright, green, punchy sauce is packed with garlic, fresh basil, and oregano. This sauce is versatile and can be used on just about anything.
I use this creamy basil sauce on everything in my life. Sandwiches, eggs, chicken, vegetables, and even chips! This sauce is so delicious, full of green goodness and summery. I use it on everything.
How to Make Basil Sauce
Prepare all your ingredients.
You can use either a mini-chopper, food processor, or blender. This mini-chopper is my favorite. Although it isn’t meant to be used for sauces, I use it a lot because it’s so compact.
Blend Basil Sauce
That’s it! Blend, taste, and adjust as needed!
It can be chunky or textured. Keep going until you get the desired consistency. I like something that is just before it is completely pureed, where there are only a few herbs visible, but the sauce is mostly smooth and creamy.
- 1/2 Fresh basil packed
- 1 Small bunch of Fresh chives. You can substitute green onions
- One teaspoon Dry oregano is optional, but it’s a good idea.
- 1 The following are some of the reasons why you should consider hiring someone else. You can also find out more about the following:
- 1/2 Mayo. Add more to make it creamier
- 1/4 Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 – 2 The following are the ingredients: tablespoons of Lemon juice
- Pinch of thumb Salt Taste Add this after tasting it to see if it is something you want or not. I always add it, but I like salt!
- All your sauce ingredients should be placed in a food processor or blender. I use this mini-chopper to make the majority of my sauces, as it is compact.
- Blend until you get your desired consistency – I usually go for an almost completely smooth texture that is flecked with small bits of herbs.