A filling, light salad with avocado, bacon, and roasted shrimp in a vinaigrette that is tangy and refreshing!
Butters has had a tough couple of days. He had a high fever three days after we brought him home. We had to take him to the hospital for fluids and antibiotics. Unfortunately, he was forced to wear a “cone” of shame to keep his IVs in. The doctor still cannot figure out why his immune system is shutting down despite the extensive lab work.
I’ve also had a nightmare. Nobody tells you just how attached you can become to your pet after only 72 hours. When he is in bed hyperventilating and looks like he might pass out, panic and anxiety take over. After his IVs, he has had more energy and is doing much better. Today, we have another vet appointment, so hopefully, he is out of the woods. His temperature should be back to normal.
Remember when I said that Jason and I are planning a trip to Cabo in two months? This is another of my attempts to “eat lighter.” After I stuff my face full of an old-fashioned doughnut for breakfast, at least I am trying.
This salad, whether it’s light or heavy, is packed with a lot of goodness, including roasted shrimp in Emeril’s Essence, crisp bacon bits, and goat cheese. It also includes corn kernels, fresh eggs, and avocado. All of this is tossed with a tangy but refreshing cilantro lime vinaigrette. The jalapeno added a nice kick to the dressing, but you can omit it if you prefer a more mild sauce.
- Peeled and deveined 1 pound medium Shrimp
- Divide two tablespoons of olive oil into equal parts.
- Emeril’s Essence Créole Seasoning, 1 Tbsp.
- Four slices of bacon diced
- Two large eggs
- 5 cups of romaine lettuce chopped
- Avocado, half, seeded, peeled, diced
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- Half a cup of crumbled goat cheese
CILANTRO CILANTRO VINAIGRETTE
- 1 cup of loosely packed cilantro stems removed
- Juice of one lime
- One jalapeno optional
- Two cloves garlic
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Olive oil two tablespoons
- Apple cider vinegar two tablespoons
- For the cilantro lime dressing, place the lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, and cilantro in the bowl. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Add olive oil and vinegar slowly to the motor while it is running. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line the baking sheet with parchment.
- Place the shrimp on the baking sheet. Add Emeril’s essence and olive oil, then gently combine. Place in oven and roast until cooked, pink, and firm, approximately 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 6-8 minutes until crispy and brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels; set aside.
- Cover the eggs with 1 inch of cold water in a large pan. Bring to a rolling boil and simmer for one minute. Cover the eggs with a lid that fits snugly and remove them from heat. Set aside for 8-10 minutes. Drain and cool the eggs before peeling or dicing.
- Place romaine lettuce into a large bowl. Add rows of avocado, corn, goat cheese, shrimp, eggs, bacon, and bacon.
- Serve with cilantro lime vinaigrette immediately.