When the craving for pancakes hits, there is only one thing to do: make them! We’ve cracked this whole-grain vegan mix so you can prepare ahead and have pancakes ready within minutes!
This whole and hearty mix produces nutty, delicious pancakes that will be a big hit at your next weekend’s breakfast. The combination only requires 10 minutes and six ingredients. Just a few ingredients are needed for a batch. We’ll show you!
How to make whole grain pancake mix
We won’t bore you with the details of the math, trials, and tribulations that went into creating this tasty mix.
We found the right balance between whole wheat flour, which is nutritious and reliable, which is a nuttier and more nourishing cousin of whole wheat, and whole rolled oatmeal (we love its texture), with a little coconut sugar because they are pancakes.
You can make this pancake mix by simply mixing the ingredients in a bowl. We’ve just made a pancake mixture. ).
It is a great way to give this recipe as a gift! You can make a few batches and pass on a tasty and nutritious recipe to your family and friends! This recipe is perfect for new parents and back-to-school.
What’s the best way for a girl to get a real pancake out of this mix? (Asking a friend?) We’re so happy you asked!
How to Make Pancakes
You can make pancakes by adding milk-free to the mix, extracting vanilla and vegan butter. (Oil works, too, but vegan butter makes these pancakes taste even better). Let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes so that the baking powder can activate and the flour can absorb the liquid. You will get delicious and fluffy pancakes.
The only thing left to do is pour the batter into a pan and cook it on both sides. Add your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, berries, and peanut butter. Who’s in?
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup whole-grain flour
- Half a cup of rolled oats
- 14 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of sea salt
How to Make Pancakes
- Almond milk or other dairy-free milk, 3/4 cup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Use two tablespoons of oil or vegan butter to grease the pan (plus extra for greasing).
- 1 cup of pancake mix (from the above)
FOR SERVING optional
- Vegan butter
- Maple syrup
- Compote de berries
- Peanut Butter
- PANCAKE Mix: Combine spelled whole wheat, oats, and coconut sugar in a large bowl. Add baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined. Store the pancake mix in a container with a tight seal in your pantry for one month or in your refrigerator or freezer for up to 3 months.
- PANCAKES To make five pancakes, mix 3/4 cup (180ml) almond milk, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and 2 Tbsp (30ml) oil or vegan butter in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Mix the liquids with 1 cup (130g) of dry pancake mix. The batter should be semi-thick but pourable. Rest the batter for 5-10 minutes (don’t forget this step; it makes your pancakes fluffy! ).
- Heat a griddle or cast-iron skillet on medium heat. The pan can be lightly greased with vegan butter or avocado oil. Pour the batter into a measuring cup and pour it onto the hot pan. Cook until the edges of the pancake are dry and the middle is bubbling (about 2 minutes). Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute or until they are nicely browned.
- Serve with maple syrup, vegan butter, berry Compote, or peanut butter.
- Keep leftover pancakes (cooled) in an airtight container for up to 2 days in the fridge or freezer. Reheat the pancakes in a toaster, microwave, or oven.