- 1 cup dry yellow or red lentils
- One medium-sized cauliflower, chopped into florets
- One can (14 oz) coconut milk
- One large onion, finely chopped
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- One tablespoon of fresh ginger, grated
- Two tablespoons of green curry paste
- One teaspoon of ground turmeric
- One teaspoon of ground cumin
- One teaspoon of ground coriander
- One can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Cooked rice or naan (for serving)
Rinse Lentils: Rinse the lentils under cold water until the water runs clear.
Sauté Aromatics: In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat some oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and sauté until they become translucent. Add minced garlic and grated ginger, cooking for an additional minute.
Add Spices and Curry Paste: Stir in the green curry paste, ground turmeric, ground cumin, and ground coriander. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Combine Lentils and Vegetables: Add the rinsed lentils, cauliflower florets, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, and vegetable broth to the pot. Stir well to combine.
Simmer: Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer. Cover the pot and let it cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are tender and the cauliflower is cooked.
Season: Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
Serve: Serve the cauliflower dal green curry over cooked rice or with naan. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side.
Enjoy your 1-pot Cauliflower Dal Green Curry with the wonderful flavors of coconut, curry, and spices!
This one-pot dish is not only delicious but also convenient for easy cleanup. Feel free to adjust the spice levels and add your favorite vegetables to customize the curry according to your taste.